Having a problem getting audio sound redirected over terminal server or remote desktop server 2008 or 2012 to the client?
Here are a couple of things to check to enable audio redirect, even when server has no audio sound card.
When you connect the client to the server, it will redirect all sounds to be played via your local sound card however this may fail due to the following issues.
- Make sure the client has Audio enabled.
- In the Remote Connection (MSTSC.EXE) , under LOCAL RESOURCES – > REMOTE AUDIO SETTINGS, make sure PLAY ON THIS COMPUTER is enabled
- Make sure that on the 2012 Server, DESKTOP EXPERIENCE is installed. This can be found under Server Manager under Roles and Features
- Right click the speaker icon and make sure you can test a PLAYBACK SOUND. There should also be a VIRTUAL SOUNDCARD listed
- If you still get NO AUDIO DEVICE FOUND at this stage, you will need to go back to server manager, under the SERVER COLLECTIONS, make sure that the REMOTE USER has Audio enabled.
If you require further assistance or more technical information, please make comment and we will be happy to further assist.